Monday, November 30, 2015

Class

I've learned many important things in this World Lit class.  We've discussed personal and career topics that may help us in the future.  I really liked how this class was more of a debate/philosophy class rather than a typical paper, essay, quiz, test, and project type English class.  We've discussed many important and beyond our scope topics that would not normally be discussed in a regular conversation.  Just like any normal group, each of us have very different political views that have caused interesting debates in the class.

The most important thing that I have learned is how to create and edit a Wikipedia page.  Wikipedia is the number one go to page that we use for information.  Now that I know how to edit it, I just might research a topic and find a wiki page that could use more information.  Of course, you have to add legit information to a wiki page or else it would get removed and I may get banned.  I can also edit someone's added information in case it was not correct.

I've also enjoyed Google Docs.  In my opinion, it is not as flexible as Microsoft Word.  Docs has the tendency to freeze and crash due to it being directly connected to the internet, which has the tendency to be slow depending on your connection.  The one interesting thing about Docs is the research tool.  You can research the internet while still on Docs to add cites, that is something Word does not have.  But of course, that's what causes the slow connection.  The teacher really made this class interesting as well.  I like his tendency to voice his opinion even though the class had mixed views.    

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this class too. I loved that we were able to state our opinion and it turned into a healthy debate or topics and not unnecessary babbling.

    ReplyDelete