Thursday, November 5, 2015

Candidate

I feel that Ben Carson has the best set of ethical and situational standards as a Presidential Candidate.  His ideas of acceptance is the one thing that stuck out to people who are listening to him.  Him retiring as a Neurosurgeon helped him understand how to make critical decisions in difficult situations.  Though he seems nonchalant about serious situations, it does not mean he can't make tough decisions.  Being a quiet and humble person is often looked at as a person people can push over and take advantage of.  Sometimes, being humble means you are a good listener and care about peoples opinions.  That is critical when it comes to being a leader.

In Machiavelli, it says, "A prudent ruler...cannot and should not observe faith when such observance is to his disadvantage and the causes that made him give his promise have vanished."

Ben Carson is a very diligent and observant speaker.  At the Republican debate, he was constantly hammered and ridiculed by Trump regarding Autism.  Even though he was yelled at over and over again, Carson remained humble and quiet. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree that Ben Carson has a very well set of ethical standards, although I did not look at it the same way you did. Most of the other candidates are loud, unlike Carson, who is quiet and humble as you said. He looks for the importance of the issue and not the disagreement between his oppose during debates. I can see how him being a surgeon would help him overcome tough decisions in tough situations. To me the best candidate would be one who mastered the traits of both ethical standards and situational ethics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Zach! I almost picked Carson as someone who prescribes to situational ethics, merely because he doesn't have any political experience and therefore everything within the political world will be a new situation in which he will have to adapt to, but I also know he has a strong faith so I can see where he would have firm ethics.

    ReplyDelete