A daily hug encases me:
Squeezing - softly - so heavenly.
I look into eyes of golden brown.
And think of the love he's given me.
The calm surrounds me peacefully:
My phone - brrring, brrring - noisily chimes.
Her duck-lipped selfie stares at me.
I giggle softly and say hello.
I sit in my Jeep patiently waiting:
His smile - like a burst of sun - appears.
I watch as he flops into the passenger seat.
I'm thankful that his smile is for me.
The room is silent as the music starts:
The voice - angelic - upon the stage.
I gasp and fight to catch my breath.
I wipe my tears and know she's mine.
This poem by my classmate Ms. Owings is very descriptive in a passionate sense. I always envy those who can maintain a marriage. In this day and age, a marriage and even a relationship is a joke. With social media networks like facebook, instagram, and twitter; its all about popularity. A lot of us young generation people look at relationships and commitment as a way of becoming popular. Back during my parents and grandparents times, love was about just two people not everyone knowing to gain stature. If someone has the passion to write a poem about their marriage, then that relationship is a true one.
Waking up in the morning, time to start a new day,
The sunset is so beautiful on the way to school,
Give glory to God for all the wonderful things he's given,
Go back to bed and start over anew.
The sunset is so beautiful on the way to school,
Give glory to God for all the wonderful things he's given,
Go back to bed and start over anew.
This writing by Mr. Paris is very clever, depending on the time you get up. To me, it is antagonizing because I am not a morning person. I am glad to wake up but mornings are not for me. Because I take forever to fall asleep, in get on average, 5 hours of sleep so when I wake up, I feel like trash. But in the end, I have to be thankful for waking up because not everyone gets another chance at life. If it weren't for God, no life on Earth would be possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment