"I also learned that Hamon's way of teaching (the reverse classroom) is something that more teachers should try because I feel as though I learn better this way." (Barron)
I COMPLETELY agree with this post!!! Over the years of my experiences in taking Literature classes, I've never had a more unexpected class like this one. You usually walk into a class expecting that it will be what you expect it to be. In my case, I expected this class to be a typical class where we just read, write papers, and possibly have quizzes. But NO!! It was quite different, we had several projects where we did group presentations, learned how to create and edit a wiki page, learned about Google Docs, and almost got to wear costumes. Very unexpected. We also had NO tests which is very surprising in the college atmosphere.
I also found the teacher VERY interesting. He was not like the typical boring and old school teacher that just was uptight and strict about everything. He had the mindset of the class which was mostly composed of young 20 year olds. So yes, he was spontaneous and outgoing, not like the average teacher who is mean and doesn't like to crack jokes. Some of his random remarks such as, "I like dead babies" and his comical opinions on eroticism were quite entertaining in my opinion.
"The most important thing that I will take on with me after this class is the Google Doc and Google Slides. I cant not start to explain how hard it was to do group assignments in the past. You had to do it then email it after and in order to change anything you had to tell them and they would." (Frenz)
I never really thought about Google drive like that. It took me a while to completely get used to Drive because I used Office growing up. In Drive, you can share it instantly as opposed to having to compose a message. There is also a direct message option in case you needed to talk about the project while working on it. In group projects, direct messages are very important because it can prevent delays if the members are currently involved.
No comments:
Post a Comment