Sunday, September 6, 2015

Hero

My long time hero is my dad.  If it weren't for him, I probably wouldn't be here right now.  Many children grow up without parents.  Some grow up without a dad, some without a mom.  Sadly, some grow up without either parent.  Life is so much more visible with family.  The father is the voice of the house and a child's life can be more focused with a male figure in the house.

My other heroes are my brother and mother.  My brother always helped me in sports when it came to competition.  My mother always understood my problems and saw the good instead of the bad.  I am a gentleman because of her sweet nature.  I wish I wasn't so cold hearted, but I guess I am that way.  All three of them are the only people I need and would not replace them for anyone or anything.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a great family. I feel the same way about my two kids and husband. It may be "cold hearted" also but as long as I have the three of them, I don't need anyone else either. I worry that I should put more value on other family members for the sake of my kids. Maybe they should have a closer relationship with my sister and brother or their cousins. They seem perfectly content with just the four of us, seeing other relatives occasionally.
    I hope that your family continues to be close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been the friendly sort, but I only have deep connections with my family and a couple of great friends. After being burned by people (including family), who I thought had my back, I realized that you should seek out quality in relationships and not quantity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it is okay to be sweet , until someone takes advantage of it . I am the same way except for my dad is the calm one and my mom is the loud one lol.

    ReplyDelete