Growing up with a brother, you will most likely experience everything together. Everything from sad times, happy times, hard times, and painful experiences. Brothers will have each other when the pain is the worst. Trauma is part of life and it helps us grow and human beings. Without pain, we will not know how to mature and grow.
My brother and I are dog lovers. We love every kind of dog that exists. They are very playful, love to run around, and can be just as respectful as a well raised human being. When my brother and I were kids, we had our first dog. His name was Hodgey. We got that name from a childhood cartoon. As our 1st dog, we loved him like a brother. Due to us being little kids, we loved anything playful and Hodgey with his crazy and wild actions got along with us perfect. He was so wild that he would scratch us for no reason until we bled. We still loved him.
Unfortunately, our parents saw him as too wild, so we had to give him up. Me and my brother still remember that day like it was yesterday. We were upstairs looking out the window as we saw our 1st dog leaving in a stranger car. Of course, we cried like kids.
Fortunately, having a dog taught us how to care for them. Being a dog owner at such a young age also developed a sensitive side in me and my brother. To this day, I still love dogs and all animals. They can be playful and are adorable. Someday, I hope to have another dog.
Saying goodbye to anything you cherish is always tragic. We had a sheltie named Toby that we rehomed over 4 years ago. Even though we feel that we made the best decision for him, we still feel guilt and miss him. We are fortunate enough to have 2 dogs now. One is an 11 year old dachshund named Bandit. We got him when he was about 8 weeks old. It's hard watching him grow old and seeing him slowing more and more.
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me of me and my sisters' first dog Candy (she had a peppermint stuck on her back when we first got her. I blame my youngest sister) She was a pit bull and was the sweetest dog! We played with her and fed her and walked her. Granted we were all babies (oldest: 6 yrs me: 5 yrs youngest: 4 yrs) but it taught all of us responsibilities, If we want a dog we have to take care of her. A man in our neighborhood saw her as a threat because when he tried to approach us and ask where our parents were, Candy barked at him and almost bit him when he got close. He got everyone to sign a petition to get rid of her! We were all devastated because she was part of the family but I definitely know your pain. I have three dogs now and would absolutely die if I had to get rid of any of them!
ReplyDeleteDogs are my favorite animal! I view them as family too, and in 5th grade my very first dog died at the age of 4 (she became paralyzed from the neck down), and it was heart breaking. I still remember crying like my entire life was ending.
ReplyDelete