Saturday, October 10, 2015

Souls

Human life lives forever.  Not physically, but spiritually.  Our souls can never been seen by humans but only by god.  Souls aren't considered ghosts.  Ghosts are the remains of unrested human beings.  They wander the earth searching for the answers that couldn't be found when their bodies were on earth. 

Maybe souls don't exist.  Until I see a soul, I will continue to question that they exist.  I'll never know the answer as they are impossible to spot.  No device allows us to see anything less visible than clean oxygen.  Is there a difference between a soul and a ghost?  I kind of believe that souls are pure and ghosts are evil.  I didn't think of that until I started this post. 

Ghosts are known to scare people.  Souls are thought of as just the remains of a human body.  Do souls go to heaven and ghosts go to hell?  Both are eternal as they remain after the death of the body.  Maybe its all a myth.  When we die, maybe nothing happens.  We'll never know until we die, even when we do, how will we tell those who are still alive?  That is one of the questions in life that will never be answered. 

2 comments:

  1. Your post reminds me of a hymn lyric I know from church. The hymn is called "Sweet Hour of Prayer". The line I'm thinking of goes like this "this robe of flesh I'll drop and rise to seize the everlasting prize and shout while passing through the air, farewell, farewell Sweet hour of prayer." That shows that once a person dies, their soul goes to heaven while their body stays behind. I don't think souls are a myth because otherwise everyone would act like zombies. The soul is what gives everyone the personality, and it's what lives on after we die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you explain Casper then? Haha just kidding. I think that all "ghosts" are just lost souls trying to find their way but the scary ones are the ones who endured the most hardship and heartache in their lives, almost as if to seek revenge. I think most of them used to be good people but something or someone along the way stole their innocence and purity. Or maybe I just watch way too many scary movies.

    ReplyDelete