But the one song that really strikes me is called "Anytime" by Brian McKnight. He is a great singer and also a very skilled pianist. McKnight is one of the only true artists in this day and age. Growing up, I used to listen to his songs as I wrote most of my poems. His soft, romance, and heartbreak style of music always gave me ideas when writing. Here is a poem I wrote 4 years ago...
EVEN MORE
I want to know you even more.
More than your beauty and smile.
You encase yourself in a shell.
Not wanting to open the door.
You smile, then walk away.
With nothing more to tell.
I sit and watch you walk.
You move with grace.
Your hair flutters in the air.
How I wish to see your face.
I see you every now and then.
I want to see you often.
Everyday and every second.
But, I know that will never be an option.
So, I enjoy every chance I get.
Even if I only say one word.
And even if you say nothing.
Those are moments I never forget.
"What do you hold in?"
Maybe the world is not ready.
You are the angel who finally chose to descend.
With me lucky enough to be your friend.
I chase after you, silently.
Maybe I am crazy.
I hold my feelings in as time goes by.
Fearing you would reject me.
With fear of it being too late.
But, as long as you are happy.
I hope to find you someday.
"Could it be?"
I want it to be true.
And I hope you feel the same way.
The genre you choose to relate to beauty is a good genre. R&B/Soul is very soft, light music, normally involving heartbreak or romance, so I can see how you would relate the two. This type of music brings out emotions from not just the artist, but the audience too. listeners pull out these emotions and relate them to their own emotions and experiences. Beauty is also seen in the lyrics and detailed figurative language used in the lyrics. I'm not sure if I've heard that song but I will check it out and see if I can find the beauty.
ReplyDeleteR&B is a very soulful style of music. It is also rich in history and culture. I wish more genres of music were like that. It's easy to see why so many people like it.
ReplyDelete