Friday, October 23, 2015

Document

I chose to write my document about Metamorphoses.  It is argued that the genre is hard to decide.  I do agree, but it fits well in the genre of epic.  I also found other genres that will suit it, Wisdom Poetry and Speculative Poetry.  Wisdom Poetry involves any piece written or researched by a scholar.  Nikolaas Heinsius the Elder was a Dutch scholar who did research on Metamorphoses.  Speculative Poetry is a piece written completely on speculation.  I'm not saying that Metamorphoses is a complete lie, but since we have no physical proof, especially video, showing that all the events that happened in the tale, I am a little skeptical of it all.  However, I do believe in God.  The line, "some" god is used in the beginning.  If this really was factual, wouldn't Ovid have gotten the god's name or maybe a friend informed Ovid?  Many questions.

I believe that Metamorphoses will be an interesting topic to write about.  The fact that its a creation story brings up several interesting topics to include.  I am going to reread it because there are still some areas I am not completely understanding.  Due to its different writing style, some elements are hard to understand.  Hopefully my paper will be successful.

3 comments:

  1. I pretty excited to see what you found about Metamorphoses in class dude. I have many questions myself by reading this article about going into more detail about the genres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your paper goes well. You've got a lot to work with, so I think you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate you mentioning that you have to reread some works. I have to reread all of them. it takes me a little bit of time to really understand most of the literature that we are covering in this class.
    I am looking forward to reading your paper.

    ReplyDelete